There were lovely things to look at everywhere. However, the weather was atrocious, so I didn’t take many photos.
I was rather taken by this owl.
This ex-Lutheren church was Adam’s conference centre. It was fun to have a window onto The Boy’s work world, and put some faces to names…aah Bob Buckingham, you are a god…:-).
While The Boy was working away, I was on the culture trail. As well as having a very nice Indonesian meal and finding a little beer place, I took in:
- ‘Our Lord in the Attic’, a wonderful hidden Catholic church
- The Old Church
- A canal cruise
- The Rijksmuseum, it’s being refurbished but has a 400 piece masterpieces exhibition
- The Katten Kabinet (see two living exhibits above), the oil painting of Stalin with a tabby has to be seen to be believed
- The History of Amsterdam museum
- The Rembrandt House, the highlight for me, lots of wonderful etchings. But then, I’m about the only person who would take up an invite to “come up and see [my] etchings”.
- Van Gogh musuem, absolutely heaving so heaven knows what it’s like in the summe